What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the reviews form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a review on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another review. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a review, the review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up reviews automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor reviews may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
All our reviews are received through Think Nursery website submission.
- Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously, we only accept/publish reviews that are submitted by parents/individuals responsible for a child and comply with our Content Standards (eg do not contain allegations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity).
- we check that all reviews comply with our Review Policy and all Gold and Platium listings can submit a response to published reviews submitted on their listings.
- The Reviews submitted on Think Nursery do not represent our views and we accept no responsibility or liability for any such Reviews.
If you have any feedback or require further information regarding our reviews, please email email@example.com.
Thinknursery.com allows users to post reviews and contribute to early years providers overall score (Rating). The purpose of these Reviews is to help potential parents to find the right nursery. The Reviews also provide an opportunity to provide feedback to nurseries, allowing nurseries to get recognition or use this feedback to make improvements.
Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously through thinknursery.com. This platform is not a formal complaint procedure or to be used for allegations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity. We require the name and email or telephone number of the reviewer as this information may be shared with Early Years provider to verify reviews are authentic. If you wish to make a complaint or have a serious allegation of negligence, abuse or criminal activity, you should contact the Early Years providers, the relevant regulatory authority or the police directly.
The views, reviews and opinions expressed in the Reviews submitted to thinknursery.com do not represent our views and we accept no responsibility or liability for any such Reviews. All Reviews are left in accordance with our terms and conditions.
Reviews are published automatically, am email will be sent to the reviewer and to the Early Years Provider saying the Review is now live. Any review that do not comply with our Review Policy will be deleted an email is sent to the reviewer to say that the review has not been accepted and they can resubmit a new one.
The Review Team will delete Reviews for the following reasons:
- The Reviewer has no connection to the nursery.
- The Review does not conform to our Content Standards (see section below ‘Content Standards’).
- The Review is incomplete, e.g. missing review or missing ratings.
- We have a number of data checks to authenticate Reviews such as submitted from same IP address, same name/email/telephone as a current Review etc.
- The Review Team may telephones/emails the reviewer for confirmation.
- We reserve the right to edit and alter Reviews to ensure that the Review complies with our Review Policy. As a general rule, we will only edit Reviews to remove names from the content of the reviews and to correct spellings or basic grammar.
The review moderation process is identical for Early Years providers for both those that have purchased an upgrade package from thinknursery.com and those that have not.
- Care providers must not make reference to their package purchase with thinknursery.com when replying to reviews or to our review team. Any such reference will be disregarded by our team in considering whether a review is compliant or not.
- We make every effort to ensure that any Reviews posted on our site are fair, and that Early Years providers have an option to provide their own point of view and to make clear where they disagree with anything being said by a reviewer.
- Review Responses must not reveal any personal information about the reviewer, the resident/service user or a third party (e.g. the person’s diagnosis or treatment) as this may breach legislation (unfair processing of personal or sensitive personal data) and would also be likely to breach the Early Years provider’s duty of confidentiality to the reviewer or child.
- Review Responses must be submitted within 6 months of the submission date of the relevant review.
We will try to publish as many Reviews as we can but cannot guarantee that all Reviews will be published and we may delete a review with or without giving reasons for such rejection.
Thinknursery.com will decide, in its sole discretion, whether a Review complies with the Review Policy.
Notice & Take Down Procedure on our website
If you believe that someone’s Review on our website does not comply with our Review policy you can alert one of our review team by clicking on the report button under the display review or click on the contact us page and completing the form. You will need to provide your email address and/or telephone together with a short explanation why you believe the Review does not comply with our Review Policy. Reporting a Review will not automatically remove it, but will ensure we look at it as soon as possible. The moderators may suspend the Review during the investigation and then will decide whether to remove it permanently or not it. We reserve the right to take down at any time any Review.
Who can submit a Reviews?
Reviews for Early Years providers can only be submitted by parents/individuals responsible for a child who attends the nursery.
Reviews are not accepted from:
- Members of Staff (even if they have a child at the nursery) or Ex-members of staff (includes staff working within the wider organisation)
- Anyone with a professional connection to the nursery (e.g. entertainer)
- Ad-hoc visitors (e.g. attending an open day, Mayor, MP)
- Potential client/service user and their family/friends
- Students/Work Experience
- People under the age of 16 without getting permission from a parent or guardian.
Review Standards– some of these have not been changed as they are straight forward
- Be submitted on thinknursery.com only
- Be genuinely
- Be relevant (about the care/service provided)
- Be first-hand personal experiences (not second-hand information, rumours or quotations from another sources)
- Be a least 140 characters long
- Be written in English and comply with acceptable standards of spelling and grammar
- Be submitted in a reasonable time frame – the parents/individuals responsible for a child must have used the Early Years setting within the last 12 months
- Be fully complete- All fields must be completed
- Comply with the laws applicable in the UAE.
Reviews must not:
- Be materially or significantly inaccurate (where it states facts)
- Contain specific accusations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity
- Be defamatory of any individual or organisation
- Be offensive, hateful, threatening, harassing or unlawful
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability or age
- Contain abusive language
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
- refer to other Reviews
- Contain any reference to the Review Score of the Early Years Providers
- Name any organisations/businesses other than the organisation/business that is being reviewed
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to any other sites
Early Provider that disagrees with the reviewer over the experience shared, we recommend that the care provider writes a reply to the review telling their side of the story so that our website users can see both perspectives (Only Gold and Platinum listings can reply to reviews.
To submit a Review on thinknursery.com you will be asked to provide your full name and either your telephone number and/or email address. These details will not be published and will be used to verify/respond to your Review as is necessary. We will retain indefinitely the information / contact details that you provide to us in connection with a particular Review for ongoing verification purposes. We will review our policy on this retention every 2 years. The information may be shared with the care provider but we will not pass on the information to any other third parties.
Reviewers are also asked to provide a ‘Display Name’ to be shown on the website together with the Review. It is our policy not to publish surnames and where required our Review Team will edit the ‘Display Name’ appropriately.
Use of your Review
Reviews are published on our website and often on the Early Years Providers website. Reviews may be displayed on social media, marketing materials and other selected websites. By submitting a Review to our site, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual royalty-free, transferable and sub-licensable licence to use that Review. Although you will still own the copyright in your Review, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Review. The right to edit and alter the Review will be exercised in order to ensure that the Review complies with the relevant law, this policy and to protect the privacy of individuals. We also have the right to remove Reviews from the site. You further grant us the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Tomorrows Guides’ rights in the Reviews by a breach of these terms. By submitting a Review, you are warranting that you have the right to grant the licence above.
Our reviews are based on star ratings, the maximum Review Score an Early Years Provider can obtain is 5 Stars. Ratings are made up of average Rating of Reviews (maximum of 5 stars) in each area and Number of Reviews (maximum of 5 stars) in the last 24 months:
The Early Years providers receive stars for each rating as followed: For each review the rate Excellent (5 Stars), Good (4 Stars), Satisfactory (3 Stars), Poor (2 Stars) or Very Poor (1 Star) there are a number of areas such as Staff, Management, learning and food etc. These stars are then generate give an average displayed rating.